Whew I am so behind this year. If you
didn’t know, I spent the last 11 months incredibly pregnant and transitioning in life. Talk about a LONG time. I went from single to engaged, married, pregnant and a new mom all in a year while still working and reinventing my world.. It was stressful to say the least but I am so glad to have made substantial life progress! Sometimes, we are so tough on ourselves. We live in a world that pushes perfection and if we’re off just a little we tend to spiral out of control. For me, I know this struggle so well..
I was an incredible planner, thought I had it all together, and when pregnancy came I thought I could manage it all. Thinking, I’ve done this before, it won’t be “that” tough! I LIED LOL! Having a baby I your thirties opposed to your twenties and even your teens is vastly different – no matter what shape you’re in. I consider myself In decent condition – but when I say pregnancy sat me down, it did. It sat me down in a manner that all I could do was sit still. I had to not move, not stress, pace myself and all that for what seemed to be not only a lengthy pregnancy but a rather larger baby. (Yes, he was 9lbs 6 ounces and 15 days early!) The stress, the pressure, the idol mind, and loneliness seemed so real; not to mention the anxiety of not being in control and the desire to do nothing when you have a business to run. It all seems beyond stressful to hear but was devastating – at least to me.
Meanwhile, my relationships changed, my work became sporadic and I had a baby to prep for. We all know change + hormones = nightmare LOL! I began to see things in a different manner. I had to learn how to simply things without creating additional stress and pressure.
I found myself trying really hard to get in the grove of things. I became so stuck in myself that I forgot to take time for me! I of course have done that and most certainly want to pass along some tips for 2018! I learned a few things not only personally, but professionally as well.
1. In order to manifest what you desire you must be organized and resourceful. Often, we take shortcuts fir various reasons. In this season, we must do it right. Pay for that service, give back to your consumers, upgrade your immediate circle etc. you can’t half step and expect real advancement. There are a lot of things we can do for ourselves and inexpensively but having someone to guide is a must. The blind can’t lead the blind. Just know there’s a pro out there for a reason. Choose them wisely.
2. Understand what you’re birthing! The process of birth is uncomfortable and down right painful. In a nutshell, you’re going to experience pains that are out of your control. You must find a way to deal and move forward. So much of your thoughts, lessons, and perspective changes in this developmental process.
3. Having harmony is a must. We hear so much about balance, but there’s no such thing. We must be in harmony. That’s a better word. Things need to flow together and that looks different in every season or phase. Understand that moving through life in harmony is much better than forcing a system.
4. We’ve got to get real about progress. In all honesty, we spend so much time searching, comparing, wanting to blend, and becoming social media relevant that we forget what we’re doing and why we started. Focus on the right stuff for you! Not only is it different for everyone, it’s incredibly difficult to gage what’s real and what’s fake concerning what we see. Get real about the progress you desire.
5. Lastly, understand that life is always happening. Things could change in an instant and when it does, you have to be ready. Getting stumped, lashing out, and even pausing can be detrimental to your business and life. Being able to adjust, become liquid, and prepare is vital to the success no matter what you’re doing or where you’re going. This year, work on transitioning, transparency, and transformation. How will you do this personally and professionally?
This isn’t an exhaustive list, but most certainly a good starting point. This year be sure to manifest your visions by writing them down, being transparent, obtaining help, and having a clear understanding of what you’re doing! There is no magic formula it’ll happen the way it needs to when it needs to. No worries. You’ve got this!